Peta Dowle established Barahwolfe Swedish Vallhunds in 2003. Mentored initially by the late Mrs Rose Madsen of Valkrista fame she attributes her success in breeding healthy, sound a beautiful dogs to the support and education of fellow breed enthusiasts and to those who have entrusted their blood lines to. Of particular mention and note are Jaxonville (Finland), Ausled (Australia) and the guidance and support of Svedala (Sweden).
Peta lives with her family in rural Otago. She is a qualified vet nurse with a life time experience with dogs. Barahwolfe prioritises health and welfare in breeding and high standards of animal husbandry in their small endevour. Peta is a member of all the appropriate breed clubs and organisations for valhunds serving as committee member. Barahwolfe is an NZKC registered kennel producing papered and pedigree dogs for working farms, family homes and competition show homes.
In 2011 Peta imported the first frozen Ai bloodlines and has successfully produced pups from Europes best breeding stock. 2015 saw our home bred frozen Ai boy by 12 times Champion sire earn DOL Rising Star for the year.
Barahwolfe invites contact from people seeking a Swedish Vallhund to send a message off this website.
Barahwolfe Burt Lancaster (8 months)
Winning Best Baby Puppy in Show on Debut.
- NZ's Longest Established (reg 2003)
Ethical and Actively SV Breeding Kennel.
- Member of the NZKC and the
Official Breed Club of Sweden.
- Best In Show Winning Bloodlines.
- Breeders of Australian & NZ Champions.
- Eye/Health Screening Breeding Dogs.
- DNA Testing & Profiling.
- Qualified Vet Nurse.
- Breed Historian.
- Pups available about once a year to good homes.
- Fully Papered Progeny.
- Never repeating same sire and dam pairings.
- Breeding on a selective and limited programme.
- Full Tail and Stub Tailed Dogs.
- Only breeding for (and from) red & grey coat colours.
- Out crossed and informed Genetics programme.
- First to successfully use Imported Frozen Semen.